I translate from Spanish to English (but not vice versa). I work primarily with Catholic texts spanning from the 15th century to the present.
Saint Rafael Arnáiz: The Collected Works, translated by Catherine Addington with an introduction by Sr. María Gonzalo, OCSO, is forthcoming with Cistercian Publications on March 15, 2022. The book presents the first comprehensive English translation of the young Trappist saint’s writings, which include letters and journals from 1921 to 1938.
- Pre-order the book
- Read an excerpt, “The Antics of the Turnips,” at Commonweal
- Subscribe to my newsletter, faith-full, for project updates
- Read the introduction to my dissertation, upon which the book is based
- Listen to my guest appearances on Saint Dymphna’s Playbook, InterSessions, and Folk Phenomenology
- Translation from Spanish to English, a syllabus for the University of Virginia
- Teaching Translation with the Public Domain, a lesson plan for the Praxis Program
- Teresa de Cartagena, c. 1474, on disability, suffering, and holiness
- Francisco Ximénez, c. 1701, annotations to the Popol Wuj, accompanied by a presentation at DH 2018